I get questioned on this a lot. I’m 19 and I live in my own two bedroom apartment. I worked my ass off for this and I’m proud of myself. I moved 3 hours away to another state from where I grew up. Sure that isn’t to far away but it’s enough for me at the moment. I go about every 2-3 months so no I don’t go home a lot.
So what are people questioning.
Aren’t you a little young to be on your own?
- Yep! Actually 19 isn’t to young to be alone at all. I moved out at 18 into dorms for college, found out dorms aren’t for me and got an apartment where I’m going to school. Just because I’m young doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m an adult and my parents raised me as one and showed me just how to do it!
How do you afford it?
- I work my ass off. I’ve saved up money, and found a great deal on where I’m living. Sure I can get help from parents but I don’t like to that often. I’ve never missed rent in over a year of living in an apartment.
Why don’t you get a roommate?
- I had one. In my old apartment I lived with a girl I considered a good friend. She skewed me over pretty bad and I no longer talk to her. It sucks to lose a friend and having a roommate may save you some money but it’s hard to find the right on. I’d rather have space and not lose a friend, and because of her I lost about 600 dollars.
But you’re a little girl, something bad good happen…
- Sure I’m 5’3 and not very big. I don’t care if you’re a man who’s 6 feet tall and 209 pounds of muscle. Something can happen. I understand everything scary of living alone and being a “small girl” but I can handle it! If I couldn’t I wouldn’t do it and that’s that. I don’t need some man here to protect me.
Does it get lonely?
- All the F’en time. I don’t know a lot of people of here and sometimes it sucks coming home and having no one to talk to. Or if I am scared I have no one there to tell me I’m just over reacting. But I’m a very personal personal. I like my space and I love to be alone so it’s does get lonely but at the same time I like it.
I get a lot of questions like this almost on the daily. So if you want to move out on your own and you’re young please if you know you can do it, do it! It can be scary but in the end it will make you strong and independent. Don’t let scary rumors hold you back girl! Get out and get going!